Thursday 7 June 2012

What a night-hair

Oh hi there,
 Si its my own fault for posting so much but here is the story of the hair...
 We went to the first meeting of the day and there was a massive queue and you went in groups of 6 and we realised they were checking the Disney Look.. So then everyone in my group were told to leave then me and CHarlotte had to stay... He was like to her, 'your hair is a definate no' and to me 'yours in boredline'. He said, its really natural looking, it may be fine at traditions, but they could turn you away, he even got a second opinion and they both didnt know.. So then we went in, found our seat, I was next to Rebecca, another English girl who was also in the same situation about hair. Then this girl came over and was like 'Are you Abigail?' I was like 'Yes' - at this point i was on my phone, I was like oh no im in trouble, but she took me outside and there was 4 people all looking at my hair like going 'ermmmm im not sure, maybe if the back looked like the front then that would be fine, its just the front bit you can see 2 colours' I was like soooooooo what should I do, low lights or high lights????? Their answer was 'Just make it look natural' and gave me a list of salon numbers to go to. I was like ' I might have traditions at 8am, and i dont finish today until 4:30, what happens if I can't?' They were like, you have to.
 SO I was in a real bad mood, having just spent £80 the friday before I left! I felt sick, I was shaking, this may sound stupid but my hair is amazing (if i do say so myself) and its like MY THING! SO to go brunette is a major deal. 
 At this point I found out I'd be working in Animal Kingdom but I didnt really care as I was s concerned about my hair. This boring lecture went on for 90 mins, telling us not to drink blablabla. Alllll this time im like omg what do I do!?!?! By the end I'd decided I would try brunette for the summer.
 Telling people was hilarious. A lot of 'OMG IS THIS JOKE'. Just the fact that the Disney people wern't sure, I was like Ggggrrrrr!!!
 So went to a salon near Publix and she was like well you could get a toner and it would cost $80-$150 and thats just colour and she wasnt very friendly tbh. So I decided to try a semi perm colour, just to get through traditions, and it cost me $18, as I needed to because I have so much hair! And thats what I did, see my facebook for results. However the blonde is defs still there and will come back, and so I just wont wash my hair much until I've started working then be like ' the blonde is from the sun' and hopefully I will wear a hat.
 SO if you know me and are concerned about my state of mind about not being blonde, I am fine. I think. But as soon as I finish my hair will be back.
 At the end of the day, I could have risked it, or gone to Walmart, which is what Charlotte is doing, as the woman there has 20 years of Disney look creating experience. 
 Must dash, another afternoon of boring stuff 
xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Hello im Ana, im going to be in the Summer Program if i get in (waiting for results) im from Mexico, great blog btw

    I wanted to ask you, what exactly they check about the hair? my natural hair is dark brown but now is light brown, i used to have highlights but i got rid of them, im just nervous about the "it looks like 2 different colors" thing oh and also, you mention your facebook a lot in your posts, if you dont mind, would you tell me how can i find you on facebook? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete